Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hmm I'm not the only one


Well I wrote my final test today - what a relief, everything is starting to de-stress now and summer is on it's way (hopefully). Anyway in my June archive you can view a blog I wrote about the Pot Noodle ad taking the mick out of Welsh people - I seem to be not the only one who thought this - see article. I do however see the funny side in the ad - but at the same time I think they went to far - anyway I thought it was quite funny when I came across this article in the Edinburgh Metro.
tomorrow is a free day - yeehaa, so I am going to go To Kiss My Glass exhibit and take a couple of photo's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you should get some course results/feedback this Wednesday?

The ad agency commissioned to promote Pot Noodles is certainly good at courting controversy -- the previous "Slag of all snacks" campaign was similarly contentious and this most recent "uproar" seems to be drawing it's fair share of coverage.

One example being the last Have I Got News For You broadcast on Friday -- a vignette from one of the picture quiz rounds regarding this ad escalated in to a rather funny rundown of Pot Noodle parody and comedic interplay lasting several minutes. You can't buy (well, you probably could) this kind of publicity, although HIGNFY ratings and demographics probably don't jive with the Pot Noodles target market.

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is