Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Weekend bliss

Well it was quite a busy weekend - good weather for once, so I tried to make the best of it. On Friday I handed in all my work - what a relief! My friend Maria from work was leaving for Spain this coming Tuesday - so we decided to all go for a drink and meet up with the others that use to work with us but have moved on to greener pastures (or so we hoped). We went to a really cool bar called Bar Boudoir - it had a baroque mixed with Marakesh feel to it.
On Saturday I decided to get out of Edinburgh and took the train to North Berwick - about 35min out of the centre - you go through the country and arrive at the end of the line at this quaint little seaside village. I was so nice to walk along the beach bare foot - I hate wearing shoes. I took some photo's (which will be up soon) and strolled around the harbor and up through this very green and lush forest - called The Glen (I think). My flat mate had told me about a small skatepark at the top of the forest so I took my board with me and had a little skate for an hour or two. The picture is an old one of me skating in South Africa. After the skate, I went to explore the small town - found a health deli and had a cherry scone and sat on the beach and read my book for a while, decided to check my email at the little internet cafe - big mistake, the one thing I hate about places like this - they are very nice and everything but there always has to be 1 shop that just takes the mick out of visitors and ruins the experience - like this internet cafe charge £1 for 15mins, £2 for 30mins and £4 for 1 hour - I'm sorry but that is totally ridiculous!!! Anyway got the train back a little sun-touched and happy to see blue skies again. On the Sunday - I did loads of walking, walked around Leith and sat by Leith Water (It's a river that runs into the sea with longboats on it and harbor type wall to sit on) and read the paper in the sun. I also took some photo's of the Royal Britaina and a Russian Warship down by the harbor. After that I walked up Carlton hill for an amazing view over the city - as it's not often you get such a clear day and once again lay in the sun.
Anyway I was pretty tired by the end of the weekend - and more assessments to be done on Monday- Wednesday.

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is