Wednesday, August 30, 2006

17th-20th August
Got back from Ireland - tired. Was meant to work at The Greenman Festival in Breacon but it was raining so I decided to skip on the money to stay in a warm dry house for the weekend. But I had loads of fun anyways - got to see all my friends and play some pool and listen 2 some music. Went to watch my friends new band at the Bont - they are like an electro rock band, loads of guitar and weird sampley things and computer stuff and heavy bass. Anyway went out on the Friday to the Welsh club in Ponty - Clwb A Bont - had fun, there was this group of older people - all in about there 50's in the corner playing and singing to old country and folk guitar which fitted really well with the traditional feel of the pub. We joined in for one or too sing-a-long. After that we went to Dan's bar - the best bar in town I think - away from the Chavs and whatever else - a nice smart but small bar above the Llanover Arms, with funky sofas and wooden floors - a nice social place with mellow background music.
Anyway my friends where all going to Trehafod and lived in the other direction but it was quite late about 2ish so we decided to share a taxi anyway. But at the Taxi rank there was this really drunk old man - about 60 who was legless. Anyway he fell over right in front of us and cut his lip and slip open his head - not the best way to end a night - but he u never know whats going to happen on a night out to Ponty. Anyway the boys looked after him while my very kind brother came and picked me up - I did actually cycle to town that evening and would of cycled back but it wa raining - but it all worked out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura -- just checking in from JMU. Are you going to post a big update before you head off to Falmouth? Anyway, enjoy your week home alone!

Cheers,

Bryn

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is