Wednesday, November 01, 2006

London and all that Jazz

London was fast and furious as always - trying to get loads done but never enough time. Anyway after a long 8hr journey there, met up with Matt in the Photography Gallery bookshop - then had some coffee int he little shop inside the gallery. London was busy cos of the Anit-top up fee's march and they always decide to do maintence on Sundays - anyway had to get to HighGate to see my Uncle Hugh cus I was staying with him and need to get a key - had a nice chat with him, hadn't seem him in ages. - anyway the tube to highgate was down so had to get out at Camden and get a bus - making a quick journey a longone. Matt stayed in the centre and I met up with him and 2 friends later in Ronnie Scotts. Ronnie Scotts has been refurnished and is looking poser than ever. The jazz gig was amazing - Hiromi, a small japanese girl was just going mad on the piano - as we sipped on our red wine - had the most amazing meal there aswell - but it all went to fast and next thing u know it's finished - had a chat to the dummer and bass player - very nice people - the drummers from Slovakia.
After that we landed up in the Walkabout watching South Africa playing rugby but left before the end - hope we beat the Kiwis.
Then I found myself in subways sandwich bar - Matt being slightly drunk told them to make the best sandwich ever and put everything on - and it came to nearly £7 which for subways is alot.
But we got the night bus and made it back in one piece.
Had a good sleep - got up had some toast and porrige and made out way to South Kensington - freaking people out on the undergroup and we tried to take pictures in the most unthreatning way. Went to the V&A to look at the Twilight exhibition - which was really good - got some inspiration for some of my own work.
I walked around going up to strangers and asking if I could take a picture of them - they all said yes!! Then back to Paddington - bought a ticket ot stroud - had a big sandwich - boarded the train - next minute I'm in stroud -w alking up a big hill on the way to Matts house - which is really cool - as there neightbours are literally cows.
We had a quick snack - then waited till Merry and Ollie arrived - got the car ready then made I way off at about 7pm to Falmouth - the first half to exter was quick - had a coffee at the services then off again - about an hour and half down the road we realised we where completly out of petrol - luckly about 10min away was a services that was meant to close at 8pm but had luckly been kept open till 10pm - we where the last customers as it closed - very funny though - we would off been stuck. So we made it back at about 11:30 - long weekend I would say.
Anyway gotta go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Did you get any neat shots?

Bryn

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is