Monday, May 29, 2006

Climates and Reggae

Well it's Monday again hmmmmm.............
I'm not really going to talk about what I did this weekend because it seems rather insignificant to what else has been going on.

First of all just want to say that I was very sad to hear about the death of Reggae Legend - Desmond Decker at the age of 64, suffering a heart Attack on Thursday morning.
He was responsible for hits such as The Israelites, Honour your father and I Intensified, which he played with his band The Aces. He toured up until his death and had planned to play at some summer festivals in the Uk this year. So big up to Desmond who is probably rocking up his rude boy style Jamaican music up in heaven.


Another things is how terrible the earthquake in Indo? Why do these things have to happen to communities that struggle to cope with such disasters? At the end of the day mother nature rules over everything - no one can compete with her wrath.
Have you seen that Sir David Attenborough has spoken out about his concern on global warming - it's happening NOW not tomorrow and we all need to start thinking of ways to help slow this down. So why when everyone knows this is happening is Tony Blair now supporting the building of more Nuclear Plants - why are we not looking at Alternatives like Wind Power, Solar Panels and maybe even harness the power of water?? It's like they are only interested in living today and not about the future........................hmmmmm

I know that my mother is really big on recycling and I think as soon as I get settled in Falmouth I am going to get a composter - they are cheap and compost things like tea and coffee, eggs shells, shredded paper etc....and make your bins a whole lot lighter.

The one thing I did do this weekend was make a great vegetable curry - yummeee, it's so simple and healthy - just chuck some red onions in a pot fry em for a little add some curry powder, tumeric and cumin, then add some chopped green peppers, carrots, green beans, peas, kidney beans and some chopped tomatoes (tinned), I boilded some nice brown basmasti to go with and bingo some yumme supper.

Anyway that's me for now...........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey laura you havent washed your rice pot after you made your curry....haha

Laura's travels said...

Thanks Rudi......I will do that as soon as I get home/have time

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is