Tuesday, May 30, 2006

End of the Gorky's


Hmmmmm.......a lot of bands come and go and it does not really matter because that's just the way it is, but I am a little sad at the news of the Welsh band - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci split.
The where a crazy, weird group and there originality will be missed - but all good things must come to a end and they have had a great run of album and single releases since 1992 - so I can understand why now might be the right time - if you keep going you run the risk of burning out and growing old.
luckily I manage to see them a few years back - I think it was 2003, in Wales and the gig was great - it was at one of these day festivals - and it was not crowded ( like many are today) so I got a really good spot at the front of the stage on this particular summery day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this the festival on Eglwysilan?

Laura's travels said...

No, it was at this really cool castle at the top of Merthyr - it was a day festival - I think there where 3 stages

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is