Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Well this weekend was all pinned on the hope of good weather, but alas mother nature did not agree. It was cold, damp and really just a bit boring.
It was one of those non-starter weekends, when everything seems to take a long time and nothing goes smoothly, even if your at the bus stop really early , the bus will have left without you or hits road works and makes you feel like you might aswell have walked, but looking out you see rain and take back the last comment.
Anyway when there is rain there are movies!!! So on Saturday I did some tidying and milling around the flat then went to watch the newly released French movie called "strayed" set in the 1940's in France at the end of WW2, it's about a mother and her 2 children who flee Paris, have there car burnt out by a bomb on the way, go into the forest and are met up by a young boy of 17, they find a boarded up isolated house and it goes from there........cannot remmember what I did after that.....I'm getting forgetful in my old age.
On Sunday though it was still cloudy but not raining yet. I took put in the 5 mile Walk for Skin, around through Holyrood Park - which is really beautiful and I plan to walk that route again soon, it was really nice to get out into the fresh air, and play dodge the swan around the lake.
After that I must have walked another 8 miles around the city as the busses are few on Sundays, looking for nerd glasses for my photo shoot on Wednesday.
Anyway, my flatmate got a rare day off from work so we decided to see (another) French Movie called Russian Dolls, which is a dark slight romantic realistic comedy, which was cool, about a French writer and his friends around the world, dreaming, expectations of perfection and a wedding in St Petersburg.
Anyway........that's about it really, I know I must have done other things but probably not worth mentioning.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the walk and I'm also a teeny bit jealous that you went to see two films over the weekend -- the Filmhouse writeup for Russian Dolls peaked my interest when I was in Edinburgh, but the closest arthouse cinema showing it around here is probably in Cardiff somewhere and with the tennis volunteering and other things I won't be able to get there anytime soon.

Laura, if you haven't been pointed to these images already, the BBC have some photo's up from the Press Photographers Year 2006 -- might be worth checking out here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/in_pictures_the_press_photographer0s_year_/html/1.stm

http://www.thepressphotographersyear.com/

Oh yeah, how did the interior shoot in Dreamcatcher's go and what's the plan with your remaining portraiture shoots and the "nerd glasses"? :)

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is