Monday, June 12, 2006



Well well well, another busy weekend - and what a beautiful one weather wise, could not of hoped for better.
Anyway it was the Treefestival this weekend - at Inverleith Park and it was great - I really enjoyed it and by the turn out so did a lot of other people. There where tipi's all over the place, with lots of arts and crafts for kids and a live glass blower, wood carver and axe throwers.
Also a pretty insane mountain and bmx demo aswell as some skateramps - which I enjoyed.
One was very similar in size to the ramp in the shop I use to work in, in South Africa - Rust Skateshop. The ramp at the fest had a big boom box on the one side playing out Jimi Hendrix, Curtis Mayfield and the likes.......on the otherside of the field was a beer tent (ofcourse) and a stage which held folk, jazz and world music. The also had a parade at about 1:00pm on the Saturday of people dressed up and face painted etc.....playing drums and other homemade instruments through the fields. Other things that went on was solar power and wind turbine demos, dancing and bongo's, double basses, market, lying in the sun and chilling.
I left the Treefest at about 4:00pm and walked along the Water of Leith, to Leith where they where having a gala day on the links - more markets, this time loads of record stalls and more music + dub dancing stage, with those sweet regga downtemp drum n bass tunes. Whoa - tried at the end of it.
Well that was Saturday, on the sunday my flatmate Rudi decided to come and see the Treefest so we went through at about 12:30, had a really good skate, got abit of a tan and sat and had a beer, we also picked up a cherry tree for Rudi's new flat. Rudi had to leave at about 3:00pm but I stayed on and chilled in the sun and listened to some cool jazz folk, it was a good weekend.
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pictures - Rudi skate, BMX demo, dome in the making, dancing, a palmist, parade etc... enjoy

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is