Thursday, June 29, 2006

THE WHO




Last night was probably the best night I have ever had and will for a longtime - because I finally got to see The WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was just amazing - I cannot describe how good it was.
I have been listening to there music everyday for about 5yrs now and to see them live was just unbelievable - I just screamed and jumped and screamed and jumped the whole night.
The gig was in Bristol and my brother and I got a lift with 2 of my friends for Wales, we had a map and things looked fairly simple except we took a wrong turn off (again) and ended up in Taunton which really is miles away, we stopped at a Service station as ask for directions and where quickly put right - but this costs us more than an hours extra driving, but we had Golden Circle tickets so we knew we would be near the front whatever. So when we finally got there I think we appreciated it a whole lot more. Before the Who where The Zutons - which where also great - playing Why won't you give me your love and Valerie among other songs of theirs
But when the Who came on it was just magic - starting with I can't explain - there first single they had (as The WHO) , Roger has and amazing voice and Pete wa on form with guitar - Pete's brother Simon Townsend was playing rhythm and Ringo's Star's son on drums.
They played new and old songs - Baba O'Riley, Won't get fooled again, Pinball Wizard, substitute, Let's see action, Sparks, Behind Blue Eyes, Good Looking Boy, My Generation and a whole bunch of others and finished with See Me Feel Me - it was like a religious experience - WOW.

Anyway today I am off to Mid-Wales - Llanfyllin (Nr Welshpool) to go to The Workhouse Festival, will be camping from tonight to Monday morning - weather is meant to be good.
Will put loads of pics up when i get em.
cool....................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I really enjoyed the concert, even though I didn't know the lyrics to every song -- great atmosphere, especially during the playing of the big hits; My Generation, Baba O'Riley, See Me Feel Me, etc.

I'm glad Laura was able to see them while Pete and Roger at least are still around and that they have apparently forsaken their sex, drugs and rock 'n roll (and smashing drums) image or yore to drink tea on stage :)

Laura's travels said...

Yeah roc stars drinking tea on stage lol - but was it really tea, thats the question........

Anonymous said...

i hope it was tea,,id be dissapointed if it wasnt tea? what am i saying?

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is