Wednesday, June 28, 2006

From Scotland to Wales


Moving is always stressful - nothing goes to plan and it always takes longer than you think!!!
Sunday was a good though -we went to Queensferry, a quaint little village - where the 2 bridges cross the Firth of Forth - the bridges are huge and when you stand between these two giants on the shore it's quite a site.
On the Sunday night we had the last supper - My Mother, Rudi and I, went to Hendersons - a vegetarian/vegan restaurant - with the most amazing food. My flatmate had been out the night before and was feeling a little worse for wear but other than that we had an amazing dinner. We had some wine and I had a sort of mixed platter with pots of mixed mushrooms, olives, bruchetta, falafel, filo pastry, hummus and grilled veg - it was so yummy and all diary free as I have allergies. My Mother and Rudi had a Brie lasagna which looked very good and we had some cherry pie for dessert. If you ever go to Edinburgh and you want fresh, organic food this is the place to go and with a motto "eat better, live better" this place comes out on top - you can check it's site at http://www.hendersonsofedinburgh.co.uk/
Well Sunday was laid back but Monday was just rushing around - paying all the council tax before I leave and getting everything into the car, waiting for the estate agent to arrive to check the flat over (and not con my out of my deposit), then rudi had to go and sign the lease of his new flat - me and my mother went for breakfast at The Manner house - yeehaa they had Soya milk and I had the best diary free cappacino and scone I've ever had.
We dropped Rudi off at his new place - which is so cool, hopefully I am going to crash there over the fridge festival!! After all that we only managed to leave Edinburgh at 1:30pm and it took a long 8 hours to get back down to Wales - and what happens as soon as we crossed the boarder - went from sun to rain - I'm home (hahahahaha)

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is