Sunday, June 25, 2006

weekend of rain

Well well well, just my luck with last week and the whole camping thing - the rain had kept away up until we left, then when we arrived in the beautiful seaside town - Oban, last Saturday, we put up our tents, had a great view across the sea and a view of the Isle of Kerrera and thought this was going to be a great weekend till about 3 hours later when it decided to rain and not stop!!!!! The Boys where determined to have a braai (BBQ) despite this which was quite amusing as I looked on from the inside of the warm car. We had a good meal though although by this time we where all drenched.
When I was in South Africa I used to have a rubbish tent and decided to buy a good one before I left - that goodness for that. I have learnt a few things from that weekend - my tent is 100% waterproof and I have a great sleeping back - nice and warm, unlike my flat mate rudi whose tent leaked and I had him piling into my tent in the middle of the night - so Bryn (My brother), Rudi and I all had to squeeze into my little 2 man tent - but it took all mother nature threw at it - rain and wind, and I had a nice cozy night.
In the morning it stopped raining for about 2hours then it poured down - we made some breakfast in the campers kitchen, played some foozeball then decided to head back to Edinburgh as I had been alittle sick before the trip and now it was getting worse.
On the way back we have a nice relaxed drive and stopped to view some weird mushrooms. But one last thing was thrown into this rather misplanned weekend - we missed the turn off to Edinburgh and drove all the way to Glasgow Airport where we manages to turn back - an extra hours and 45min added!!!!
But once we where home - dry and happy, we made a mega feast of food and drinks, so it was not all a lose.
Anyway I am in Queensferry at the moment on a day out with my Mother - I have packed all my things and tomorrow I head back to Wales.
But will fill in more when I get time.

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is