Monday, July 10, 2006

busy weekend

Well Well Well, days do go by quickly when your busy. On Thursday I met up with some friends from college and it was like a school reunion - it's always a pleasant but strange situation when you see people you have not seen in ages and they have changed (not in bad ways though) , like one is abit rounder and the other abit of a hippy but the one seems still the same. Anyway went for some drinks at Raffles (nice roof top terrace) played some pool at The Forest and watched some pretty terrible bands at Toms - but as a South African would say a real Lekker day.
So got up a little late on Friday, road into Pontypridd, had my photo's developed for major rip-off prices say hi to a few people, had a nice walk/ride.
Had to get up super early on Saturday morning because my Mother and I where driving down to Cornwall - Falmouth to sort out my accommodation for Uni in Sept, we woke up at 5:00am, left the house just past 6:00. It takes about 4hrs to get there (but my mother does drive like a granny), we had a few coffee stops and got caught in traffic but got there eventually. Went to the Uni to accommodation fair, looked at some places and some where rip-offs and rubbish, but found this one house - really good vibe, 5 min away from Town and from the Uni and good price too, there where a few people interested but the picked me (because I'm so nice, lol), which is such a relief as now I know I have somewhere to live.
On the way back we went to my cousins pub in this tiny weeny pub in Middlezoy (Middle of nowhere) in Somerset - my Aunt and Uncle are out from South Africa so it was nice to see them and have a chat, and some cider. Anyway got back home later than expect but it wa all good.
Today I did a major re-haul of my stuff and chucked some things out then went to play tennis with my brother at the local park. My brother Bryn teaches tennis which is handy - but we have both been playing since we where young, ohh and been watching Wimbeldon all week on the telly. Anyway that about it for now.

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is