Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Festival love......

Well I got to Llanfyllin and back in one piece despite it involving 4 train trips, 4 bus trips and 2 car lifts - but all was good.
My brother came with me on this adventure, as we made our way up from Pontypridd to Welshpool, where we stopped over for about 2 and half hours - very clean and pretty little town, great warm day, sat outside on of the very old and local pubs and had some good ol' welsh cider.
We had to take this local bus to Llanfyllin - which is deeper into Mid-Wales, as Welshpool is quite near the English boarder - we boarded this tiny little bus with this really old driver - he must of been about 75yrs old, it was like going back in time - it really was, stopping at this little stops - with nothing around except fields, farms, cows and sheep. Really relaxing though - the air was so clean. Anyway we arrive at the venue - reported into the Stewards office - as we where working at the festival - got our cards and shifts - only had to work two 4hr shifts so that was not bad at all. Set up the tent in the "Quiet Area". Everytime I camp I learn something new - what I learnt this time - ALWAYS CAMP IN THE SHADE!!!!!!
This weekend was a boiler - and man did I get a tan - yeehaa. Anyway loads of cool people and hippies and mega kitted out camper vans and weird vans - just loved it. No showers - and in a way it's quite liberating not to shower everyday, everyone else is in the same boat anyway.
Me and my brother did however find a local indoor swimming pool and on Saturday morning had a nice and relaxing dip. Llanfyllin it self is so beautiful - I would love to go back and people seemed quite friendly - although it must be quite a shock for them having 5000 people descend on there little village. Anyway lots of cool tents and entertainment - a vegan cafe, loads of bars, fire displays, stalls, comedy acts..... The bands that really stood out for me over the weekend where - Plastic Passion (Really good - go see em if you can), The Eaves, The Kevs, Loman, Rhythm Thieves (Crazy), Shooglenify, Freestyler MC's and a guy called Simon Ark (He had the most beautiful 70's voice ever).
Other bands that where alright where The Icons, Big Bunda, The Rrrr's, Polarian, The J B Quintet, What the Moon is Like, Bitch Pups
and bands that I did not really dig (thought they where abit rubbish actually) where Tokyo Dawns, Downdriver, Vile Bodies, Gundogs and No digrace.
Anyway met some cool people, had some good hearty veggie meals, learnt some new tricks (poki twirling) and talked to complete strangers - yeehaa. To not say there wa not alittle friction between me and my borther would be a lie but it's all good now and the tent rocks, and I dig camping. So yeehaa to summer and being free...............

2 comments:

Laura's travels said...

Hey cool, thanks for the comments and compliment - Ohh big ups for the lift you gave us to the station - that really helped us out!!!!

Anonymous said...

Howzit Nano! Had a great time at the festival - looking forward to next year. Thanks again for the lift!

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is