Sunday, August 06, 2006

Cardiff Big Weekend



So Below is some pics from my time in London. Arghh been very busy this weekend - covering the cardiff Big Weekend, loads of young people, loads of drunk people and some music. Well atleast I get to go back stage - and it really gives you a buzz, today when I went into the pit to photo The Automatic there was like about 6000people - probably more just screaming and your in it, between the crowd and the stage and a few feet from the bands. Got to meet some of the artist backstage which is always cool, but it's also surreal, yet very normal - strange!!! Some good music though - yesterday The Alarm, even though they quite old now did a blaster of a set. Today Cord and The Crimea where abit disappointing, just did not excite me, but The Infadels where good - really getting into it and getting the crowd moving with crazy rock-rave music. Then the guys who should of been the headliners The Automatic - which I didn't think I was going to like (All that NME hype - I'm anti it) but I have to say they where fine tuned after a summer of live gigs - professional and hard-working. Kubb just didn't have the same pull as the Welshys and where just alittle rusty. But all in all a good night. Ohh and a huge fair-ground aswell, anyway the pictures above where taking with my phone - the band pictures to be up soon. But it's late gotta be up early so going to bed.

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is