Thursday, August 17, 2006

London Love

Well it's been a busy week or so, bus trains, cars and ships ahhh travel.

Day 1: First of I set out to London again, for 3 days, arrived at 12ish on Mon 7th. Decided to walk from Victoria to Russell square - both on opposite sides of zone 1. I went the wrong way out of the station and about 30mins into the walk had to do abit of a u-turn. On the way I passed Westminster abbey, the houses of parliament/Big Ben and the woman's war statue. Aswell as going up every other street but the right one in Trafalgar square, but made it up through Charing Cross and New Oxford St, eventually just over 2hrs later making it to Tavistock Square (YEs where the bus was bombed) to The Generator hostel. The Hostel was clean and very big with loads of Auzzies. Nice bar - and happy hour heheh. Met some cool people, 2 girls from Canada, a french girl and some auzzies, and one had been to Ascension Island and was shock to found out I had been two (Not many people go or even know where it is). I had a skate down to Oxford St and just a wonder around, had some chips and salad and did this weird quiz thing with some of the others.

Day 2: Decided to tube it because it is the best way to get around. Went to Carnaby St again, had a look in the Mod shops, then went to Wardour St, checked out where The Marquee use to be (Famous venue of The Who) had a wonder around Soho and checked out all the record stores and small market, sat and had a health drink at this hip little cafe. Went to the Photographic Gallery in Oxford - they had a really good and quite scary exhibition up of cellphone photo's taken by survivors of the London underground bombings -all dark and smokey with people holding the hands over their mouths. After that I went to Camden - the best place!! Although just to big and too much choice. I did however find myself a vintage Levis red and white shirt and cat print belt. Loads of punks where out and just love the mix of people, had a hummus pitta and went for a drink with a friend at a really nice bar, we stayed their until the rush hour died down. Went back to the The Hostel and had some snacks then a we went to Soho again - to The Ship - a famous pub where Jimi Hendrix past out in the doorway and The clash wrote a song under the stairs. Also had a bite to eat in this really nice place across the road. Good day!

Day 3: Ahh pack up the stuff - feeling abit urgh - was feeling very tired whilst walking around Camden - and no it's not a hangover as I hardly had anything to drink. Had breakfast, and checked out. Took the train to St Pauls - the cathedral is amazing, but that's not why I went there. I walked over the Thames - and bizarrely Tony Hadley from Spandue Ballet was having promo photo's taken - weird, but made my way over to the Tate Modern. I felt before I went in I had to gear myself up for the pretentious that would follow, but that was not the case. The work shown was really interesting and they had some great Salvador Dali and Picasso pieces up, but the real cherry on the cake was the photo's by Cindy Sherman - one of my favorite photographers. I didn't even know her stuff wa there - so that really made my day. Chilled outside by the Thames and enjoyed a strong coffee, afterwhich I made my way to The Wartime museum. I walked there although it was further than I thought. By this point I was feeling really drained. The War museum was amazing though and if you every get to London -go!!!! They have really tanks and planes - loads of them too not just 1 or 2. But I really was not feeling very well especially when I was downstairs in the dark with all this wartime noise and pictures of the holocaust, had to get upstairs for air. Time was running out, so made my way back to the tube - Lambeth North, took it to Oxford St, it was fine until then but it was so hot in Oxford St and I was feeling like poo so I just could not take it and decided to walk to Victoria - through James Park and past Buckingam palace, eventually getting there. But by this point I had come to the conclusion I had ate something bad and was really uncomfortable abd could not face a bus trip to Ireland. So I decided to to wait and see if I would feel better and take the bus in the morning and wait at Victoria - only thing is at 2:00am that morning 24 people where arrested for a plot of terrorism and all planes stopped at Heathrow - London in Mayhem!!!! So I took a train - faster and better, all the way to Dublin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.discountlouisvuittonoutlet.co.uk/]www.discountlouisvuittonoutlet.co.uk[/url][/b] For athletic and productive folks, here is a bracelet which will definitely fit your way of life. It truly is produced from really light product so regardless of what you need to do, you won't be disturbed or bothered by its excess fat and decoration. It is fully silicon due to the fact it is or you also can have your emblem or message engraved on it if you need to personalize your personal..

[b][url=http://www.shoesonlinesales.co.uk/]www.shoesonlinesales.co.uk[/url][/b] Together with the low price of imitation lv handbags these baggage are typically a lot more sought after in comparison with that in the first types. Would probable like tremendously gals, I must say i considerably too encounter around see sneakers or boots. Just since skate boarding is quite intending to produce incredible end consequence can make it possible for with plantar ingredient of your respective sneakers or boots, mixed with lv bags on sale in this way build abnormal your heel bone damage,Ferragamo Belt your bunk beds establishing from your jogging footwear has excellent absorbing paddings.
Practicality is crucial. It could be significantly less expensive to buy low-cost designer handbags than shopping for the standard high-end designers' bags. Be reminded, the things usually are not pretend. These pixies are collectors' goods which has a wide selection to select from. Just about every is simply as one of a kind as being the name given to them. Consider one example is "Billy Winks Income Box" a pixie figurine that is definitely sleeping in his log home.

[b][url=http://www.discountlouisvuittonoutlet.co.uk/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] Placing collectively meals throughout being pregnant can be like navigating a minefield. What's perhaps damaging to you or your little one? Have the scoop, beneath, on what's okay to consume and whatever you must avoid. Then print our convenient chart of food items and drinks to stop for the duration of being pregnant and hold it on your own refrigerator for simple reference..
The number one bring about of Adrenal Exhaustion is extra stress. Estimates counsel that as quite a few as 80% of Westerners go through to varying degrees in the consequences of Adrenal Fatigue. Having said that, almost all of these circumstances will go undiagnosed, because many people just imagine that their emotions of tiredness really are a ordinary outcome of basically working very much, which the indicators are just a little something they've to cope with.

[b][url=http://www.uggsbootsoutletnow.com/]uggs boots[/url][/b] In computing, multitasking is a technique wherever a number of duties, generally known as processes, are performed during the identical period of time. The duties share widespread processing methods, these types of as being a CPU and primary memory. While in the circumstance of a computer system having a one CPU, just one job is alleged to be managing at any point soon enough, which means the CPU is actively executing directions for that activity..

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is