Friday, October 06, 2006

Spell check was not working so beware of the errors.

Okay Okay - so I have been really bad with keeping my blog up-to-date but know that I am at Uni and have all the I.T and that sorted out I can get back to my random posting.
So alot has been done and said since I last posted. My friend Shane came to Wales for a week to skate - we had a really good time going around Wales in search of skateparks - Newport, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff etc... Ohh I had my Birthday - I am now 22yrs old - yeehaa to getting older (not really). My hair is truly afrosized now - it's quite curly naturally so I just helped it along. Ohh my brother is studying Politics in Liverpool Uni - well done for him getting into John Moores - so I went up to see the res he is staying in - quite central, nice place, flatmates seem nice. On the way back me and my mother got lost in mid-wales.
So I have been watching bands and going out with my mates before I left wales
I saw around 86 bands this summer including The Who, The Zutons, Jamiroquai, Jimmy Cliff, Therapy? Gullimots, Mr Scruff and loads more good stuff.
So anyway about 2 days before I moved down to Falmouth the house next door to me nearly burnt down in a big fire - had 3 ambulances outside the house and I had to leave my house because of the thick black smoke coming in - quite interesting. Anyway the night before I left was very cool went to Clwb Bont then to Dans Bar for a good old fashioned Jim Jam on the guitar - before rushing around trying to pack things last minute in the morning. My train was very delayed but I finally got in at 9:00pm.
Anyway so now I live in happy little Cornwall - studying a BA Photography.
I have a surfboard yeeha - so been surfing abit and really cool friends who live next door - and my flatmates are not too bad either - although we make a strange mix - Sam - a 1st yr Fine Art - I don't think he owns shoes - I have only seen him in sandals - he's cool. Alan - very laid back, 3rd journalism - loves to watch neighbours (me too) and Katie who is 2nd yr English with Creative writing - very healthy and does crazy circus stuff.
So anyway been having fun - going out, really cool pubs here is with amazing harbour views. Been skateboarding quite abit too - as Ollie next door skates so that's cool.
I have loads of piccies which will be up tommorow - so check em out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, good to hear that you're back to your blogging ways! Look forward to the pics.

Anonymous said...

Hello chicken! Whats up dude? Your page is so cool. You really know how to write a lot of information - wow!
Sitting in Vic Bay now surfing and catching some rays. Things are good. Got a new man - Ryan from J-Bay. Works for Billabong...he he
Chat soon. Miss ya
Tara

Laura's travels said...

Hey Tara - man I have been surfing loads down here!!!! Went about 4 times this week - waves are good but water cold - got me booties and that

Bob7k said...

i wish i could surf, but i almost drowned 4 times in the ocean, so i dont want to try

Anonymous said...

So stoked to hear you are surfing a lot. We'll definitely hit the water when you're next in the SA area.
I'll keep in touch...

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is