Friday, December 22, 2006

Escaping Treforest for a night in Liverpool



So now I'm back in wales - and guess what it's raining!!!! Well that's not a surprise. Basically from Monday 11 to Thursday 14 I chilled at home looking out the window at the rain - trying to skate at every day moment. I even missioned to Ystrad outdoor skatepark knowing it probably would be wet - and it was, but then when i got back to Treforest train station the car park was dry and had a cool little sesh. I went to Cardiff and had abit of retail therapy - bought 3 7inch singles - yeehaa - they where -1.The Fields -if you fail we all fail
2. White Rose movement - Love is a Number
3. The sounds - Tony the beat.
But otherwise not to interesting. But on Friday morning my Mother and I embarked on a journey - up through mid wales to Liverpool. We left at about 9:00am and made good time - stopping at Newtown for some lunch and once again getting lost in the weird road system that is Chester - but eventually made it to rainy Liverpool. We found The Britannia hotel - a huge, beautiful hotel situated in the heart of Liverpool. I was so tired as I had had hardly any sleep the night before due to an attack of hayfever. So anyway the reason why we where here was to meet my brother - spend some time with him and drive him back down to Cardiff with us. He came up to meet us at the hotel in his stripy jumper and scarf. We walked down to the docks - as my mother was adamant and seeing The Beetles story. I don't have too much of a problem with the beetles - except to seeing them as a prefabricated Boy Band of the 60's and since I'm not a fan of boy bands and don't jump up and down at the thought of The Beetles - although Norwegian Wood is a great song!But I went it - it was fairly interesting - could of been better, but quite informative - highlight being they had the actual round glasses of John Lennon - worth £1million pounds - on display and some amazing photographs by a guy called Spud. I bought a yellow submarine pin badge to go with my pin-badge collection. After that we got to do something I was interested in - The Liverpool Tate Gallery. But first some Elderflower tonic and a scone to fuel the stomach. The Tate's bottom floor was filled with pretentious installations of modern art being art for the sake of it. The other floors contained some interesting art, sculptures and graphics design. When then decided to walked up through the town looking for The Everymans Pub - or something to that accord - once we got there though it was all Christmas party's and we wanted somewhere pretty quite to enjoy a nice meal - this had taken us across the city and I was at this point soaking to the bone - as it was pourning down. My brother didn't seem to have many suggestions and we walked aimlessly arriving back at the hotel. But just down from there we spotted a Bella Italia - ahh finally in from the cold into a nice warm restaurant - AND FOOD!!! They where very busy so we had some olives and garlic bread to keep away the hunger. I have a fabulous half roasted chicken with a spicy Moroccan style basting and some really nice salad - for those who don't know after years of being a vegetarian and then vegan - have now decided to stop being so picky and fussy. My brother had some crazy weird ht chocolate, cream, coffee liquor thing for dessert and shared an apple crumble with me - I was stuffed!!! But slept well that night. The next morning we took a yellow duck tour of the city - on one of those old WW2 landing crafts - that can go on land and sea - it took us around the city pointy out all the sights and then went onto the Mersey. I really like the Liverpool accent - i don't know why some people don't. The city looks really nice and the people seem very friendly and cultured. After that we made our way to Matthers Street - made famous for The Cavern - where the beetles use to play and The Grapes - their local pub. We found a cosy little cafe where they had soya milk - yeehaa coffee time. Then back to my brothers flat to help him pack and then we where off. But down to rainy wales - hmm I can't wait. Anyway I hope to go up to Liverpool for a longer time as it seems like a really fun city.
Ohh and the photo's are Me and my bro out eating and me in my brothers kitchen


No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is