Saturday, December 23, 2006

Leicester skate jam and being sick's not cool

Well got back from Liverpool quite late - and tired but once again I am on the move - to Leicester. At 9:40 from Cardiff. For a Girl Skate night at The Boardroom Skatepark. So first off to Birmingham new street - had to wait an hour there so had abit of a walk around and a coffee and that - then off to Leicester. I think the trip took under 4hrs - which is quite short really - anyway I lover being on the road. I don't think I have ever been to Leicester - not sure if it will be the first on my list to go back - not that there is anything wrong with the place - but just didn't seem to have to much going on. On and while I am on the subject of cities and that - I don't see what everyone's problem is with Birmingham - I quite like the place - big diverse city with lots of things happening. So anyway got my directions out - found The days Inn hotel - got the keys, checked in - then on my way to the skatepark -which was conveniently just around the corner. the owner was friendly and had a good pre-jam skate. Nice mini ramp - small park but good layout. I got to the park at about 3pm but the other girls only started arriving at about 6pm. I think there was about 15 of us?? We had a good street and bowl sesh. I was pretty stocked with my skate - landed some flips, 50-50 on the box and a huge ollie over a traffic barrier - high side up. Got to see everyone and have a chat - Emma and Jenna are coming to Barcelona with me in the New Year - yeehaa European skate trip. Ohh and louise landed a kickflip up 4 stairs and was doing some crazy stuff on there vert wall and Sam did some solid boardslides and a pretty high rail and Emma some cool frontside 5-0's in the bowl. Was a good night - but I was pretty knackered by the end of it. Got a lift back to The Hotel - where I lay in bed and watched some telly. In the morning has some breakfast and a skate through the town before catching my train back to Cardiff. Once I reached Cardiff at about 1:30 - did most of my Xmas shopping - might aswell while u there. Then got back home - ahh rest. On Tuesday I went to the dentist - who fixed the crack in my tooth( with a temp filling) - very quickly may I add and did the last of my xmas shopping. Unfortunately my throat was giving me some hassle. That night my brother and I went to watch Eragon - not particularly good - very weak story line and some cheesy acting. But I was feeling pretty sick by that stage. The next morning after some blood coming up - i decided I better go to the doctor - who informed me that I had scratched the back of my throat and it had become infected - hence a thought infection - boohoo. Since then I have been in a bed - as it's seems to have double up into getting a cold/hay fever as well - not my - as they sun has also been out down these parts - meaning dry skateparks. Arghhhhhhh....but I am slowy but surly starting to feel abit better - yeehaa.

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is