Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Little sleep but London calls again

So anyway the day before was really long - getting from Cornwall to Cardiff, but that's all good cos going to London yeehaa - to pick up my prints from the Cafe gallery.
Got the early train because I fancied a skate before - so got off Paddington straight on tube to Waterloo - so disappointed to see that they have made shell Centre unskateable - argh!! No worries - off to southbank. There where loads of people spay painting and doing murals down there - but all allowed - even the pigs, sorry police checked em out thought they where good. One of the guys was from Pretoria. anywaz had a good skate, ollied over a traffic cone - damm my new board in fine - a popwar - and it has some pop!! so after that sat by the Thames had a nibble to eat, checked out the book market. Then met Mat - who was also picking up his work. We walked down the Thames towards the Tate - but stopped off at this new gallery nr the OXO tower - saw some photography - cannot remember the guy whose it was. Then this huge run down building of like 5 floors was holding an exhibition called articulate - a mix of film, photography, performance art, insulation's and traditional work. Some of the stuff was really cool - they had this weird talking toilet and some short films and interactive art. Like this walk where people posted paper about where they have come from - I put one up. Also these people outside with big microphones just saying random but interesting things. I liked it!! But after a while we decided to go see our own work. So off to Southwark station then to Canada walk - down through the park - loads of cars/vans - they where shooting a movie. anyway got to the gallery it's cool to see ur work up!! Picked it up went for coffee and a biscuit. The decided to go check out the Tate. Loads of stuff to see there - bumped into a friend from Falmouth - weird - small world. Looked at some Picasso's, Dali's, Warhol's etc....my favourite room is the Minimalism - art and insulation's. After about 2hrs of that I was pretty much galleried out. So off to the pub!! the Wellington - I had a nice roasted veg wrap and a pint, think Matt had some chicken salad thing. A good day - love London.

No comments:

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is