Thursday, May 11, 2006


So my brother went back home yesterday........mmmmm.
It was really nice having him around.
We did quite alot of cool stuff......Here's the run down of last week.
Last Saturday (6th May) we went up to Loch Ness for the day - yeehaa, escape Edinburgh. On the way up we stopped off at a wool Mill to see the Scottish Coo ( a big highland cow) then in the mountainous Glencoe for 20mintue after that it was up to see wee little nessy. We got off in Fort Augustus which is the southern tip of the Loch, it's was a beautiful day and we went to the shore of the loch to have a stone skimming competition which my brother won hands down as I cannot skim a stone to save my life. We looked across the lock in hope of a Nessy spotting but alas we did not see the mighty beast.
We walked up into the town and sat in the sun and at our lunch and had a drink, unfortunately there is a thing called time and it was calling so we had to head back to the city. But on the way back we stopped off in Pilochry and did some Whiskey tasting - as one should always do being in Scotland and all then back to the bustling city - all in all a good day. Pics will be up shortly.

Well Saturday was tiring but I Sunday is still a day I don't have to work or study so I hate wasting it so we decided to walk up Salisbury Craig, it's next to Arthurs seat and you have a view of the whole of the city from up there - so we heading off late morning and took a mellow stroll up. I really enjoy the outdoors - especially after a week of being in the darkroom. Then to finish the weekend we went to the Filmhouse (arthouse cinema) and watched a re-run of the French/Polish film The Double Life of Veronique - a quirky European film made in 1991.

Wow then back to hectic college,work,college,work etc.... Although on Tuesday evening I took off work to take some photo's of the local Judo club for one of my projects, after which we had a quick farewell drink at this cool little bar called Mezz - my flatmate works there.
But now I am knackerd and I need to work real hard as my due date for all my work is Fri 2nd June.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the Loch Ness trip was pretty wild (in parts), but not sexy. A little context here, we booked the 1-day trip (Loch Ness Hunter) with a company called Haggis aimed at students and backpackers and their tagline is Haggis... wild & sexy -- a slogan repeatedly blasted over the bus microphone by our enthusiastic tour guide along with some very lame jokes:)

The tour itself takes in some absolutely stunning scenery and beautiful vistas, such as Glen Coe and a number of serene, mirror-like Lochs along the way. We didn't have much time in Fort Augustus, but had a good view of the southern end of the Loch and watched a few boats from the Loch traversing the lock system up to the next waterway, while we were having lunch.

We should take a drive up there next time, as I was hoping to see Urquhart Castle and we wouldn't be tied to a schedule.

Have you developed the pics from the trip yet, Laura? Let's see Hamish, the Highland Coo!

The road called again and I answered. This is my journey and believe this one is going to reveal a lot more to me than any other I have been on, for I don't intend for this one to end.....well not anytime soon that is